Wednesday 24 September 2014

Recording The Player,Band Within a Studio Environment :) There Is No Hiding..........part 3

Hi all,

Right time to wrap up this three part blog.

4) Don't Suffer In Silence.

Don't be afraid to ask, as I'm here to do the best job for you and produce these amazing songs of yours and the same for any studio.


So if you can't hear yourself on the headphone mix just say and it can be corrected or you need more cowbell.
I've had players and artist too shy or believe only having a distorted mess in their headphones is how it should be. It's not, so if in doubt always ask as your performance may be suffering because of this.

The same as any requirements the band or players have, like before the recording session or during.
I rather have everything sort so we can have a more productive session then and everyone is at ease and knows the plan.

Also I've had some singers who like to do their vocal parts without the band present, or the guitarist to only have their volume knob super glued at level one on the amp from the bands wishes.
Come on guitarists, I'm one too you know what I mean.

Maybe how the song should sound when it's being produced. You may have a sound in your head how you think the guitar or voice should sound then it can be added to your song as a effect or during the recording stage.

You don't have use producer/ studio terms, so talk like

"Big distance sound with in your face guitar in that speaker and the the other then in both"

Works for me , but please don't come out with one artists ideas and wanted the guitar to sound more green and the bass more pinky in the chorus lol.


So as I said always talk over your ideas and requirements before a recording session or during.

Don't keep silent!



5) The Master Plan To Take Over The World.

Maybe this is kind of not completely related to the other topics raised, but I wanted to add this one.

I've been in bands that did this, and I've known a lot of bands that have too. After living the Rock& Roll lifestyle in the studio the path just seems to just go cold with the question what next?

What I'm trying to say is you have produced a good sounding demo cd but kind of had no plan for the future. Yes it's going to get gigs maybe at the "Dog And Duck" on a Saturday night and yours friends want to have a copy.

But maybe doing some ground work before your recording session, like get contact names of the music promotors at certain venues, also some radio stations or newspapers that will play or review you.

I have found after recording your adreline as a band is pumping and get up and go, let's do this is there but can disappear as quick as it came if you have left it for a number of weeks.

So having a plan before stepping into the studio and after will keep the band or artists wanting more.

Please completely wipe this whole statement from your memory if your just giving it to granny as a Christmas present, your mission is achieved !!!

Thanks for reading through this three parter and there is so many I could add but I picked out the most important ones I believe in.

Please feel welcome to add any comments or more of one you think are good too.

Regards tony

"Phattone Studios"
07841110231








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Tilehurst, Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment